Pragjyotish Bhuyan Gogoi
Pragjyotish Bhuyan Gogoi Poems
- To My Father There are whispers, That defeat every sound ...
- The Smoke Through My Eyes I see the smoke philandering With ...
- The Morning Song At this hour of midnight, Desires ...
- The Last Man Standing He is the last man standing, His ...
- Time I've broken million watches Still I can hear another ...
- Like Hamlet Day is just a day, And night, just a night, ...
- I, Days A day comes and the day goes, Like the truest ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Pragjyotish Bhuyan Gogoi
The Smoke Through My Eyes
I see the smoke philandering
With the innocent airy selves
And blackening their virginity.
The smoke, the heir
Of the fire, that burns the green,
The brown and the black,
Hides from the ground and its life
The sunlight, free of evil and of justice,
And like a crown,
Lifts it to my room,
Encircling me with a light,
That seems more of a dream than a sight.
And the burning fire becomes a mere hole,
Over the dead and the dark land,
Penetrated by the mighty,
Oh! Cheated of its shadow!
And me, I am astonished,
I seek no more ...