R. T. Smith
R. T. Smith Poems
- Hardware Sparrows Out for a deadbolt, light bulbs and ...
- Cowgirl In Stetson and calico vest, spandex and Calvin ...
- Twang Chic: Sam Buckhannon Exp...
- Neglect Is the scent of apple boughs smoking in the ...
- Confession In A Booth At The H...
- A Local Doc, Over Rocky Luncht...
- Scavenging The Wall When fall brought the graders to Atlas ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about R. T. Smith
Out for a deadbolt, light bulbs
and two-by-fours, I find a flock
of sparrows safe from hawks
and weather under the roof
of Lowe's amazing discount
store. They skitter from the racks
of stockpiled posts and hoses
to a spill of winter birdseed
on the concrete floor. How
they know to forage here,
I can't guess, but the automatic
door is close enough,
and we've had a week
of storms. They are, after all,
ubiquitous, though poor,
their only song an irritating
noise, and yet they soar
to offer, amid hardware, ...