Rafael Campo Poems
- What The Body Told Not long ago, I studied medicine. It was ...
- Health While jogging on the treadmill at the gym, that ...
- The Distant Moon Admitted to the hospital again. The second ...
- What I Would Give What I would like to give them for a ...
- Hospital Writing Workshop Arriving late, my clinic having ...
- My Voice To cure myself of wanting Cuban songs, I wrote a ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Rafael Campo
What The Body Told
Not long ago, I studied medicine.
It was terrible, what the body told.
I'd look inside another person's mouth,
And see the desolation of the world.
I'd see his genitals and think of sin.
Because my body speaks the stranger's language,
I've never understood those nods and stares.
My parents held me in their arms, and still
I think I've disappointed them; they care
And stare, they nod, they make their pilgrimage
To somewhere distant in my heart, they cry.
I look inside their other-person's mouths
And see the wet interior of souls.
It's warm and ...