Ralph Burns Poems
- In The Bathroom Mirror He continues to ponder And his wife ...
- Fishing In Winter A man staring at a small lake sees His ...
- And Leave Show Business? This elephant keeper shoved a hose ...
- Barbed Wire Two or more strands twisted together, Oxides and...
- A Boat Is A Lever After my student went to the doctor ...
- Ghost Notes (An Excerpt) I.Call and Response 1
- Stella Flap, flap went the mind of the bird Who flew out of ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Ralph Burns
In The Bathroom Mirror
He continues to ponder
And his wife moves next to him.
She looks.They look at themselves
Looking through the fog.
She has a meeting she says in about
Thirty minutes, he has
Something too.But still she has
Just stepped out of the bath
And a single drop of water
Has curved along her breast
Down her abdomen and vialed in
Her navel then disappeared
In crimson.Unless they love
Then wake in love
Who can they ever be?Their faces bloom,
A rain mists down, the bare
Bulb softens above the glass,
So little light that
The hands mumble ...