RAVIKIRAN ARAKKAL Poems
- Food, Oh Food! I have been chasing that truck, For 2kms, ...
- Tipu Sultan -Tiger Of Mysore. He was like a tiger tearing ...
- A Soldier's Wife. She was married to a soldier, Who left ...
- Marriages Are Made In Heav... Marriages like the ...
- Single Mother She lived alone with her Most precious ...
- Tears Of Allah Somewhere in Africa, Or middle east there ...
- Neem Tree The neem tree stood tal, And spread out wide, ...
I am an amatuer poet trying to write to contribute with whatever I can, to Poetry reading and writing, which has taken a backbench in the history of Literature, nowadays.
I was born in the State of Kerala, (in India) which is called 'God's own country' is lusciously green with Rivers, Backwaters, waterways, bays, lakes, temple tanks, mountains and hills.
I graduated from Osmania University, Hyderabad, in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
I worked for a Goverment Petroleum Company for 26 years as a an exec. and am retired.
I stay in Chennai, Tamil Nadu State, India.
I am married with a daughter who studies in Manchester, My wife does ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Food, Oh Food!
I have been chasing that truck,
For 2kms, now and I will be dead
For the morsel the world cannot reach me,
Or the gods that cant make in my soil.
Why do these guys fight madly,
Brother to brother, friend to friend,
I and my type of folks live and die,
For the the beliefs and wrath
They carry, billions on arms are
Here to fight, but not a grain
To swallow, the land has become
Waterless and dry, even the rivers
have flown away, as if scared of
Human madness, Oh food, food
When will you appear for our hungry
Souls, which sure will go to ...