RAVIKIRAN ARAKKAL Poems
- A Soldier's Wife. She was married to a soldier, Who left ...
- Tipu Sultan -Tiger Of Mysore. He was like a tiger tearing ...
- Marriages Are Made In Heav... Marriages like the ...
- Single Mother She lived alone with her Most precious ...
- Food, Oh Food! I have been chasing that truck, For 2kms, ...
- Tears Of Allah Somewhere in Africa, Or middle east there ...
- Neem Tree The neem tree stood tal, And spread out wide, ...
I am an amatuer poet trying to write to contribute with whatever I can, to Poetry reading and writing, which has taken a backbench in the history of Literature, nowadays.
I was born in the State of Kerala, (in India) which is called 'God's own country' is lusciously green with Rivers, Backwaters, waterways, bays, lakes, temple tanks, mountains and hills.
I graduated from Osmania University, Hyderabad, in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
I worked for a Goverment Petroleum Company for 26 years as a an exec. and am retired.
I stay in Chennai, Tamil Nadu State, India.
I am married with a daughter who studies in Manchester, My wife does ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about RAVIKIRAN ARAKKAL
A Soldier's Wife.
She was married to a soldier,
Who left for the camp,
A month after holidays,
Word coming of war in siachen
In kashimr, soon arrived
The news of demise
Of her dear husband,
By a captian of the army,
Annoucing a compensation
Of half a million bucks,
Which was claimed
By his parents and in laws,
She was made a destitute,
Sent to her own parents,
Crying the sorrows
Of the dear departed,
Growing his child
In her bowels, despising
Her cruel fate, actually
Suffering the sacrice for the nation,
Even more than the dead soldier.