Richard Merrell Poems
- The Judas Kiss It was the Judas kiss Which betrayed our Lord...
- Freedom In Your Marriage? Is there freedom in your marriage? ...
- Wedding Rings In the giving of these two rings, Which speak...
- Women Are Bad, Sinners 'Women are bad; sinners They are ...
- Why Me Lord? I've often asked, 'Why me Lord? ' 'Grace' was...
- Little Children Little children are a gift An heritage in ...
- God's Temple Your body is God's temple Where dwells the ...
I write Christian studies and poems, so that others might be blessed, encouraged and helped in some way, for we should 'love one another as the Lord has loved us'
I have had various poems published over the years in the press and various magazines and in small collections, also my poetry has been translated into the Telugu dialect of Southern India; and now through PoemHunter I can ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Richard Merrell
The Judas Kiss
It was the Judas kiss
Which betrayed our Lord that night;
Judas kissed him in the darkness
He did not walk in light.
Now, I've received a Judas kiss
From a pastor? I got the shove;
Because the Judas kiss replaced -
The Holy kiss of love.
(I pray God lay it not to his charge)
1 Corinthians 16: 20