Richard Stamper Poems
- Sleepless Nights At midnight, in the month of June, I stand...
- My Diary My poems become my diary, Of events from long ago,...
- Spelling My Love Just when I thought my life had started, ...
- Dreaming Reality In the real world, as in dreams, Nothing ...
- Alone The night is long, the sky is dark, The light of ...
- Nobody Knows This pain, this hurt, locked away in my head, ...
- The Great Thing About Being Al... Homesickness, Longing to ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Richard Stamper
The Great Thing About Being Alone
Longing to return to my life,
To return home,
To the past.
The cruel reality of war,
There is no return home,
No return to my memories,
When you are alone,
You have nobody to get in your way,
Nobody to disappoint,
To let down.
What is lost,
Is lost forever,
Never to return.
War's wounds have bled me dry.
No words of welcome,
No words of comfort,
No words of forgiveness,
No words at all.
(Original: 21 December 1989 / Last Update: 13 March 2006 (Return From Iraq)