richard stanleybaker Poems
- Fondly Of Rupert Brooke The Soldier,1914 if there be a ...
- Croakerman don’t croak she said for goddesakes
- Sea Rover sea rover I am tall at the mast scouring the ...
- Swirl Of Sands Afloat listless amid oceans of swirling ...
- Fukushima Blues tu n'es que la tristesse la mort donc de ...
Richard Stanley-Baker, an expat Brit for most of his life, has been an academic publishing books and articles on Japanese and Chinese art for many years. He taught at major universities in the US, Canada, Taiwan, Tokyo and Hong Kong. He presently resides in China, not far from Hong Kong. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about richard stanleybaker
Fondly Of Rupert Brooke
if there be a piece of England yet
free from the yoke of tyranny
if there be society named university
free from the yoke of corporate governance
bean counters were only Nazi scouts
the new monsters know no name
and university now has no name no core
the “Idea” long parodied and betrayed
as these one-man top downers
shave the wheat of freedom
off all of the fields
leave barren pasture everywhere
and only fleeing frightened hares
and contrive to bend our language
terming it governance, management,
and other sinful ...