Riffat Samad Poems
- O' Mirror All day long roaming around Sometimes I stand ...
- Another Life Sometimes I fly Over the sea bed, Over the ...
- Wrong Person Once you have come to that wrong person And ...
- The Human I see a beggar begging In the bus stop everyday, ...
- Two Roads Two roads have gone To the same direction: One ...
- To Pain I can give thou pain in return for pain, Let all ...
- Still I Feel... Darling, thou are not exist in our world ...
Born in 1984, Dhaka, Bangladesh. Completed BA (Bachelor of Arts) and MA (Master of Arts) in English from a renowned public university of Bangladesh. Now continuing M.phil (Master of Philosophy) in the same university. Now living in a town outside Dhaka. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
All day long roaming around
Sometimes I stand before the mirror,
See my own image looks at me,
Yet I'm puzzled not to find my `self' there.
I see the quiet nature depicted on my complexion,
And I know my `self' is veiled by a humane mask.
In the mirror my image looks like any other human,
My hand-face-eyes all are normal and intact.
Yet behind that intact wall
How many wounded memories, how much pain of loss,
And emptiness lives
Only my heart knows.
Where does my heart live?
Nobody knows that, even the mirror does not.
Still I ...