Rolland Heiss Poems
- The Ghost Ship A ghost ship rides the waves at night But she...
- An Indian's Song I hear the spirit singing and I am very ...
- The Appian Way Your walls have crumbled down to dust Your ...
- The Lost Soul I have been too reserved Spent too many days ...
- Every Second, Every Hour Truest love, thou art my all My ...
- The Open Door Abuse came in through the open door We invited...
- The Used To Be What happens to our yesterdays? Do they yet ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Rolland Heiss
The Ghost Ship
A ghost ship rides the waves at night
But she is seldom seen
Save when the Captain lights the light
And sails 'er in to Aberdeen
His apparition seems to chill
The misty midnight air
He sets his gaze upon the hill
And seeks his lady fair
But she is sleeping in her grave
Content to be at rest
And walked the road the righteous pave
To dwell among the blessed
Alas, for him the sea was home
Although he loved her so
His spirit was to always roam
Just why he didn't know
He left her crying on the shore
In a lovely wedding ...