Ronald Shields Poems
- Eat Cold and dark in the morning talk comes with a price it...
- June Bug Love For Charles Buko... He is Hank to anyone who ...
- Walking In Snow The snow teaches me separateness, the ice ...
- Mystery Date You are a master of suspense Hitchcockian so to...
- Lakeside The grass is not emerald green. It is a thicker ...
- Tinted Images I remember tinted images yellow and ...
- Station Soaked in grey light oily blue puddles shimmer on ...
Married father of 2, too young and broke to retire but I did it anyway. I am relatively new to poetry writing and analysis. Thank you for reading my work, if you leave a comment I will happily return the favor. Please visit my blogs or get in touch via Facebook or ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Ronald Shields
Cold and dark in the morning
talk comes with a price
it is a bargain for the waitress
and diners get what they need.
The eggs are served with sympathy
for another birthday missed
the road is more than miles for
the trucker who takes them over hard.
Booth number 9 is an omelet and oatmeal
a preacher and acolyte looking for a church
the preacher's collar is frayed and yellowed
in service to a god who speaks too softly.
At the table by the door the farmers drink
coffee and talk of weather tractors prices
they have the look of a dying breed not...