Rotimi Jaiyesimi Poems
- Relentless The wave comes steaming towards the ...
- Stop Stop for a moment Silence Reflect The clock ticks
- The Storm The clouds became darker And the winds blew ...
- Before The War It is the end of the day I lie on my bed ...
- That Petal The petal stands It opens up Bright colours, ...
- Fifty Teardrops Nigerians, a people of vitality and ...
Rotimi Jaiyesimi is a medical doctor, with a special interest in obstetrics and gynaecology. His poems reflect his take on socio-political issues. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Rotimi Jaiyesimi
The wave comes steaming towards the coastline
Relentless in its effort to break through the barrier
But it fails in its pursuit
It pulls back, as if to go for reinforcement
Harnessing further waves it makes a further attempt
Battering the rocks but again with no success
It spews out white foam in frustration
And retreats back with endless ripples
Leaving in its wake pebbles and shells
It remains undaunted
And makes never ending attempts
No - its satisfaction comes from the liberty and freedom it has in its pursuit