Rusty Morrison Poems
- Measurement Fable Eggs, transparent and sometimes red-veined ...
- please advise stop [I was drag...
- in the decision of a beginning... No sensation of falling, ...
- in the flood "yes of course" was one speech too ...
- Necessities In through our bedroom window, the full ...
- History of sleep (a myth of consequences) The ivy across our...
- Please Advise Stop [I Was Drag...
Rusty Morrison is an American poet and publisher. She received a BA in English from Mills College in Oakland, California, an MFA in Creative Writing (Poetry) from Saint Mary’s College of California in Moraga, California, and an MA in Education from California State University, San Francisco. She has taught in the MFA program at the University of San Francisco, and was Poet in Residence at Saint ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Rusty Morrison
Eggs, transparent and sometimes red-veined as insect wings, might be hidden
in bark crevices
or a scatter of tawny leaves.
The distance between one gestation and the next, a pleat of the dress I wear
as if I could sew myself another.
Practiced, my tendon-reflex where the tunnel narrows its halo
into a noose. I trust
dexterity as a kind of nourishment, as I believe my own
To own, beauty is the first lie of it, and brief
thistles turning silver in sunrise as if for my eyes ...