Ruth White Poems
- The Translator A man stands ready, all dressed up and ...
- Compassion? What's the meaning of compassion? I've heard that...
- When Will We Open Our Eyes? I. How come that child on the ...
- The Stranger There is a room, well fit, with people of all ...
- The Aborted Babies Hello there, I didn't mean to bother you ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Ruth White
What's the meaning of compassion? I've heard that word before.
I think it means to love, to protect, and also to adore.
I have felt compassion, those who love me give me plenty.
So I try to show some back, but I always appear empty.
What is the difference between their show of love and mine?
Are my ears both deaf and so my eyes both blind?
Why can't I show love the way that they do?
Is it because I say my words all rough and cruel?
I try to speak from the heart, but it comes from the mind.
They often leave battle wounds for they are never kind.
“Toughen up! ” ...