S. Joseph Poems
- A LETTER TO MALAYALAM POETRY Met you on the river one ...
- IDENTITY CARD In my student days a girl came laughing. Our ...
- MY SISTER'S BIBLE This is what my sister's Bible has: a ...
- THE MOLE I know a girl Who has a big mole on her right ...
- The fishmonger The fishmonger was washing the vessel In the ...
- Between these lines Between these lines sometimes I and ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about S. Joseph
The fishmonger was washing the vessel
In the running water of the tiny stream.
The screw pines did not see him.
There is a motor workshop, where the stream
Heading down straight, takes a sharp turn.
He didn't see its laterite wall either
Parallel to the stream
To the south and north
The MC road* raced away.
It's we the children who saw
In the water not even half a foot high
The body of the fishmonger
The vessel, the scale and weights
Epilepsy having twirled him down
Water playing about his hair
In the water, the screw pine ...