Sally Campbell Poems
- My Son, My Precious One I had heard of the feelings of a ...
- I Remember Grandma's You know, Grandma’s house was always a ...
- Writing To Be Writing WRITING TO BE WRITING I want to ...
- For Heaven Comes Tomorrow For heaven comes tomorrow Today, I...
- Hayley To say it was easy I know not, my sweet To reach the ...
- Soldier Come Home He came home from the war, this proud ...
- The Cool Of The Shade Tree How long is this road I am ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Sally Campbell
My Son, My Precious One
I had heard of the feelings of a mother for her son
But I never knew what it meant
Until my son, my precious one
As a gift from my God was sent
He was fat and cute, dark hair on his head
The first time they brought him to me
I felt such pride my heart nearly burst
For this was my son, Wesley
So much sheer pleasure he has given to me
This sweet little boy of mine
Time passes so fast and yet, seems so short
From birth the years past are nine
With hair now red and freckles a few
A dimple in his cute little chin
He can melt my heart, fade my ...