Sandra Brennan Poems
- Broccoli I read an article on aversion therapy And decided ...
- Voted Nicest Girl Under my senior picture in my yearbook is a...
- Mud Puddles He carries an umbrella if there is More than a...
- On The Demise Of My Greatest L... The loss I feel right now ...
- On My 40th Birthday On my 40th birthday, I went to a book ...
- Not Thinking I'm trying not to think too much, Trying not ...
- The Big Picture We don't see the big picture But, maybe we ...
Well written words, turn me on. Need I say more? I've been writing poetry since I was old enough to put pen to paper. I have been a poetry slam artist for 5 years now-and perform in poetry slams and open mics whenever and whereever I can. I've self-published two volumes of poetry, 'Mural' in 2002 and '40' in 2005. I'm working on my next volume of poetry, tentatively titled 'A Dollars Worth of ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I read an article on aversion therapy
And decided to give it a try
Everytime you cross my mind,
I replace that thought with broccoli.
So now I've been thinking about broccoli
24/7 for well over a week now,
Enough so that I could write the
Worlds first, all broccoli cookbook,
Enough so that I wouldn't be surprised
If my brain was now green and resembled it.
Enough so that I don't think I will
Ever want to eat broccoli again.
And the funny thing is that now,
Everytime I open the freezer
And see that half used bag of frozen broccoli,