Satis Shroff Poems
- Blue Allemanic Eyes (Satis Shr... She had short, golden ...
- The Japanese Garden (Satis Shr... Nine Hauptschule kids in ...
- The Professor's Wife (Satis Sh... 'My husband is mad Er ...
- Like Prometheus And Icarus(Sat...
- Zeitgeistlyrik: Winter Blues (...
- The Colour Of Your Eyes (Satis... Blue is the colour of ...
- The Flaw (Satis Shroff, Freibu... I constantly live in ...
Satis Shroff is a writer and poet based in Freiburg (poems, fiction, non-fiction) who also writes on ethno-medical, culture-ethnological themes. He writes regularly for The American Chronicle (www.Amchron.com) , and is a contributing writer on www.boloji.com and also Blog.ch. He has studied Zoology and Botany in Nepal, Medicine and Social Science in Germany and Creative Writing in Freiburg and Manchester.
He describes himself as a mediator between western and eastern cultures and sees his future as a writer and poet. Satis Shroff was awarded the German Academic Exchange Prize.He is a lecturer in Basle (Switzerland) .
Writing experience: Satis Shroff has written two ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Satis Shroff
Blue Allemanic Eyes (Satis Shroff)
She had short, golden hair
Tied neatly behind
With a blue satin-scarf.
And yet I saw her
Wearing a diadem
And a flowing satin gown,
Like a princess.
A meek, submissive smile
A movement of her fair hair
Akin to a Bolshoi ballerina
In moments of embarrassment and coyness.
Her blue Allemanic eyes, sweet and honest
They knew no intrigue,
Neither treachery nor rebellion.
‘I was brought up to obey, ’ she whispered.
Pure bliss and love sublime,
A book you could read.
Plain and straight,
And not in-between the lines.