Scott Hastie Poems
- Despite What We Imagine Despite what we imagine In our ...
- The Day Is Done The day is done And no one is immune, It's...
- However Beautiful However beautiful, No pebble on the ...
- Sylvia And Ted To seek solace as they did. To draw strength ...
- Out There Out there in the fragile shadows Beyond the self, ...
- To Dream As Picasso To dream as Picasso did. To seize ...
- Passions Burst Passions burst. The excitement of being ...
Scott Hastie is a successful British born poet and writer, who has been has been commercially published in the UK for over twenty years now. He currently has seven titles in print, including a novel and four collections of poetry. In recent years, the spiritual tone in his maturing poetic voice is starting to draw increasing acclaim from a worldwide audience, especially in the U.S. India & the Middle East.
Scheduled for global release, in both e & print editions this September, Angel Voices is by far his most substantial collection of poetry to date, featuring over 40 brand new poems never before seen, either in print or on the net. This title builds much more on the mature ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Despite What We Imagine
Despite what we imagine
In our sometime pain,
Beset either by aching anticipation
Or subsequent loss,
Lovers are never found by chance.
So tell that to the trees,
Who've seen it all
Countless times before
And can only stand apart
In the meadow of life
For us to dream again,
Like some broken hearted waif
On a grimy street,
For whom only the predatory
Are likely to stop.
For not even fool's comfort
Can cling on there
To inhibit notes of caution
That would otherwise trim our wings,
Spoil any such dividend. ...