Scott Hastie Poems
- The Day Is Done The day is done And no one is immune, It's...
- However Beautiful However beautiful, No pebble on the ...
- Sylvia And Ted To seek solace as they did. To draw strength ...
- Out There Out there in the fragile shadows Beyond the self, ...
- To Dream As Picasso To dream as Picasso did. To seize ...
- Passions Burst Passions burst. The excitement of being ...
- To Kiss The Fruit To kiss the fruit And caress the flower, ...
Scott Hastie is a successful British born poet and writer, who has been has been commercially published in the UK for over twenty years now. He currently has seven titles in print, including a novel and four collections of poetry. In recent years, the spiritual tone in his maturing poetic voice is starting to draw increasing acclaim from a worldwide audience, especially in the U.S. India & the Middle East.
Scheduled for global release, in both e & print editions this September, Angel Voices is by far his most substantial collection of poetry to date, featuring over 40 brand new poems never before seen, either in print or on the net. This title builds much more on the mature ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Day Is Done
The day is done
And no one is immune,
That sense of journey
Slips seamlessly past,
For there is a finite beginning
And end to everything.
And yet a sense of connection,
A bejewelled purpose too,
Like the child
Whose way ahead
You've already lit,
Or the lover you've yet to meet.
Many such moments
Come and go, as they must,
Into the space we are given.
But what endures for me
Is a persistent resonance,
Some heady wish
For access again
To a sense of wonder,
In the stream of ...