Shawn McAllister Poems
- Opening Night Opening night, butterflies are floating the ...
- She's Just A Park she’s just a park a beautiful park to ...
- Cabbage Key Once Hemingway sat across this bay and touched ...
- The Waterfall mountainous rock buried in snow, frozen water ...
- Moonbeams On The Sea how far away must I go to transcend the...
- Spring Spring is the birth of every year, ...
- My Old Man My old man used to pull mama aside when we kids ...
Shawn McAllister is an actor, writer, and film producer. A longstanding member of both Screen Actors Guild and Actors Equity Association, he has appeared in more than 25 feature films and television programs and 75 stage productions. He worked several years as a stage manager and/or production manager in South Florida, Pennsylvania and New York, most notably for Producing Managers and the Zev ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Shawn McAllister
Opening night, butterflies are floating
the crowd anticipating, and backstage waiting
Tell me, Saint Genesius,
what ghost you send tonight
to fill my heart with laughter—
to stock my mind with fire!
And tell me, Saint Genesius,
what performance shall I give
to hear the thunder of applause
from within these silent chambers?
The stage is bare,
lamps dark and gelled;
the grid creaks its deserted chant;
all the while somewhere in the rafters,
amidst the array of Lekos and Fresnels,
hangs the spirit of the centuries.