Simon Jackson Poems
- The Tragic Masterpeice The tragic masterpiece lies ...
- This Light That Doth Shine On ... This light that doth ...
- The Lighthouse The blinding light seeks out amongst the ...
- Femme Fatale Arid and lifeless the world surrounds the ...
- Creatures At Night The night comes and the owls come out to...
- Forever Girl For the one who posesses my heart, with ...
- Spirit Of The Mountain Clitter Clatter Clitter Clatter The...
Lived in the UK till I was 7 and half,
been living in China since then until two years ago. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Tragic Masterpeice
The tragic masterpiece lies here
Where better things once flourished.
Fuelled by bitter envy and
Jealousy of old and new fires
Which glow in front of the damp cold,
Ashes of a raging fire.
A single spark is all it took
To set off the kindling of the
Stone encircled pit.
The fuel was primed and ready
And all it took was the misfire of that passing spark.
Like a phoenix, spread it's wings
And licked the sky with its fiery tongue,
A flare for the world to see it's
Unbridled passion and devotion
Soon uncontrolled, it burnt and resisted