Simona Terron Poems
- No, We’re Not Friends Anymore My freshly washed hair is still...
- Oh Fie! Office! ! ! I'm getting used to how it feels to be ...
- Moonlit Lies A sliver of pain hanging in the midnight ...
- The Taste Of Your Skin The rain comes And I stand there ...
- Rise Up Baby I try and rise above the fear-induced fog in my ...
- Bumper Sticker Advice The world is a small place, life is ...
- Ciggie Break The stairwell reeks of stale smoke That curls ...
I write for a living and yet its been a while since I wrote something that was just for myself. I feel awkward putting these private thoughts on the world wide web and yet, deep inside the heart of every poet, isn't there the need to be read?
To be understood?
To see another nodding their head
Saying, 'Yep, that's exactly how I feel
and how I'd say it, if I could.'
So here goes... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Simona Terron
No, We’re Not Friends Anymore
My freshly washed hair is still damp against my scalp
Bound by a plastic jaw with a squeaky hinge
In a knot that’s so tight it feels my ears are pulled back.
The air conditioning hums innocently, oblivious
To the tiny goose bumps raised along my nutty brown arms
And the hum in my head switches to a dull throb.
So many questions and half finished sentences
Swim frantically searching for a shore to lie panting on
They’re being chased by accusations waiting to attack.
There’s a fair dose of guilt waiting in the wings
Tallying up the who hurt whom, how ...