- The Ultimate Cause He is not Hari, He is not the Lord ...
- Sivavakkiyar’s Padal Why, honey is the bee's saliva; the ...
- Sivavakkiyar's Verses Where is the pariah woman? Where is ...
- He Is Not Hari, He Is Not Lord... He is not Hari, He is not...
- The Supreme It The slothful Sluggards Say: He is far, ...
- Melt With The Heart Inside In the Four Eternal Vedas, In the...
- Silence Silence, unmoved and rising, Silence, unmoved and ...
Sri Sivavakkiyar (sometimes Civavakkiyar) was a great Tamil Poet who lived in the period preceding the 10th Century A.D.
Sivavakkiyar was an early rebel against the Brahmanic order, he was resolutely opposed to the Caste system and was opposed to idol worship and temple ceremonies. His rebellion against any kind of orthodoxy meant his work was left out of the Saiva canonical literature however some of his poetry is well read in Tamil literary compendiums.
Sri Sivavakiyar, was born with Lord Shiva's name on his lips. He said that the constant repetition of the Lords name would even turn ones body into gold. A great rennuciate he is said to have lived for over 4,000 ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Ultimate Cause
He is not Hari, He is not the Lord Siva.
He is the Ultimate Cause,
In the Beyond of Beyond,
Transcending Blackness, Redness, and Whiteness.
Try not to understand:
He is not big, He is not small.
He is Infinite Distance,