- METAMORPHOSIS The problem is that Madan has not been speaking...
- THE TORTOISE Wrinkled skin. Age? Must be three or four ...
- PABLO AND THE POSTMAN (After watching Il Postino) The ...
- GOD AND THE APPLE It's absolutely true that God eats apples ...
- MY PARENTS AND I A I never got to visit Puri with my ...
- SIGNAL When Kalu Das died young, his wife once signalled to ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Srijato
MY PARENTS AND I
I never got to visit Puri with my father and mother
Nor Shimla or Ooty.
Never mind those distant places, we didn't even go to the zoo or the book fair
I only got back home, switched on the light, entered
My own room and observed
How, adding to their mutual distance every day
My father and mother made room for me to go away
On some nights the force of gravity stops working in our locality
When I'm late getting home, I start floating on the road,
Dogs, cats, rickshaws all float past me. Somehow I manage to
Open the front door and find the ...