Steph Kjaerbaek Poems
- Proletariat Revolution Blues Proletarian Revolution ...
- Street Disturbance The Rolling Stones 'What can a poor boy...
- The Neverending Alimony Poem Divorce or 'Take the Money and...
- Sonnet #1 (Boutique 9 Boots Go... Over his face, she ...
- Untitled (August 29/30) I brought him frankincense He asked ...
- With A Fire They would sing of the system as they overturned...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Steph Kjaerbaek
Untitled (August 29/30)
I brought him frankincense
He asked for myrrh and gold
so I called out to the Magi
who brushed their camel's fur
beneath the Eastern Star
And they told me to fetch it myself
From Osman's mythical land afar
Beneath the temples and churches Byzantine
where the monks sell silk and make wine
and the carpetbaggers sell rugs
carefully woven to the ghazal's time.
Tired of the conquests from Rome
From chains ripped the slave fled
The beggar made his aaliyah
through the Damascus gate
the fractured wall that stands beside
the rock of the dome