Steve Downes Poems
- Writing Under Water Waiting for that sweet moment when I ...
- The Ghost Of Saint Anthony [fi...
- Something Wonderful [first Pub...
- In Answer To Your Question It is not a hallmark day nor a ...
- Rule And Regulations Of Aardva... Never begin a poem ...
- Christmas At Christchurch I feel translucent a man of ...
- Slumped On The Shoulders Of Dw... I am vanquished by ...
Steve Downes Biography
follow me on twitter @writer_s_downes
Steve Downes was born in Drogheda Co. Louth, Ireland in 1973. He has been writing poetry and prose since 1992 and has been publishing and performing his work for over 20 years.
Steve's debut Novel is Cosmogonic Marbles (available on Amazon @ http: //www.amazon.com/dp/B00E2SB1P4)
Join Cosmogonic ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Steve Downes
Writing Under Water
Waiting for that sweet moment
when I break the surface and gasp
a lungful of clean air
when words mean what I want them to mean
when they say what's in my eyes
and not the lies on my face
the public face worn as a thin skin veneer
exploiting those last moments before
sinking down again
back into heaviness
down to another blank page
struggling and writing under water