Steve Gregory Poems
- I Wish I Could Be Somebody I wish I could be somebody’s hero,...
- I Want I want to be free of additives of war of hate of ...
- A River Runs Through It Like a stream of water rushing down ...
- Valentine Reversal To have and to hold has failed with me, no...
- Dawns First Light Since dawns first light The endless day, ...
- And A Shot Rang Out A shot rang out and no one saw Yet in ...
- Heartfelt Blues The band around her finger sent tears down ...
I have been writing poems and stories most of my adult life. Many are reflections on my Faith in Jesus Christ and my thoughts on the Faith. I have also writen one or two that could be seen as political, looking at genocide and environmental issues. However, I enjoy writing and am writing a couple of stories at the moment (to be revealed later) . I suffered a heart attack in December 2009 and was ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Steve Gregory
I Wish I Could Be Somebody
I wish I could be somebody’s hero, someone who
People could admire. I wish I could be somebody
I never ask for much, I always am polite
But sometimes I don’t think people listen
When I speak or notice when I smile.
I wish I could be somebody’s hero even for
An hour or so, just to feel as if I had done
Something that was worth it all.
I always wanted to be strong, flex my muscles and
See the weakling run. I always wanted to
Be somebody who could always get the
Girl. I wish I could be somebody’s
Hero, someone who would save the world
I don’t want to ...