Subhash Misra Poems
- Every Time You Meet Every time you meet another person Every...
- Desert Spring The hills filled with fight and fear Days are ...
- Happy Birthday Father! I am like you But not really You ...
- City Had One Thousand And One ... Tonight I sleep as the ...
- Charlie Location In the room Flowers bolted to the ceiling ...
- I Had To Leave When the humour dries The words rebound From...
- Borrowed Verses Wherever you go whenever you travel There is...
Subash Misra is a poet, development worker and UNICEF staff.
Subhash Misra's book Gangasmriti & Other Poems was published by Writers Workshop, Kolkata, India. Columnist Khushwant Singh wrote, "We have a new talented poet joining the band of Ganga worshippers. Subhash Misra was born on its banks at Mirzapur, educated on its banks at Varanasi and made his livelihood in Calcutta by ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Subhash Misra
Every Time You Meet
Every time you meet another person
Every time you reach another destination
You have to learn a new language
You begin with everyday greetings
Acknowledgements and appreciations
The words for a colour or a season
Then you have to return
Some phrases sticking like dust
Others like stars, there are some pollen too
But soon all nuances confined to memories
Like graves visited occasionally
With carnations with different sound
Trying to relocate the feelings and perfumes
Nowhere to be found