SUJATA VARMA Poems
- Oh! For A Job! A cup of piping hot tea The morning newspaper...
- Being In Love Being in Love Is a beautiful ...
- The Beginning Sunday was beautiful In anticipation For you...
- Missing You When I see couples Walking hand in hand And ...
- A Prayer O! God in Heaven To you I pray That I should ...
- Nature It was on a beautiful day in May With my heart light ...
- Love At First Sight I never believed in love at first ...
Most of my poems were written about a quarter of a century ago. Then i stopped writing.
Hopefully I'll be able to write poetry again.
I enjoy reading, travelling and cooking.
HAVE WRITTEN A FEW POEMS THIS PAST YEAR...
Will upload them soon...
Hope you all enjoy reading them.. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Oh! For A Job!
A cup of piping hot tea
The morning newspaper spread before me
I sit on the bed
Meticulously scanning the advertisement columns
On the lookout for a job!
One to suit me-
Oh! anything would do for a start
Ah! here's one - I pounce
Enthusiastically I apply
Anxiously I await
Running down to meet the postman
Dissappointed I return.
Days drag on endllessly
Frustration brought on
As a friend gets a clerical post
Another fills in a leave vacancy
Others doing diplomas
In computer, tourism and whatnot
Myself trying a hand at tailoring