Susan Marie Watkins
Susan Marie Watkins Poems
- Yellow Yellow is Sharp as lemons Clear as canary ...
- Into The Valley Of Death Once, In my youth, Giddy with ...
- Surrender At sunset, Before a linen-draped altar, Save ...
- Deus Sol Invictus He comes from the East, Exhaling energy, ...
- Hawk I’m light and free as a hollow-boned hawk Gliding on ...
- Hawk (Version Ii) She spreads her wings, Jumps into the ...
- Cibola Cibola The California sun Streams from above
A writer since a very young age, I've worked for the last 30 years as a dresser at Disneyland, a school teacher (elementary-college) , and a counselor. I've recently relocated from crowded, smoggy Southern California to the beautiful wide-open spaces of Wyoming. I've chucked my 'real' jobs once and for all, and am now going to pursue my true love, writing, full-time and with all the gusto I have. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Susan Marie Watkins
Sharp as lemons
Clear as canary song
Pure as daffodils
That magic time just before dusk
When the world is golden as Rapunzel’s hair
A second-hand Easter dress
Too short in 1977 when I was 17
And yellow is
Glorious as the fear
of a girl on the cusp of lust