Sylvia Dise Poems
- My Father I hugged my father for the first time in 18 ...
- Addicted I know this girl Who always needs a pill She ...
- The One I love you with all my heart I can't see you and I ...
- Go Every time I close my eyes All that comes to mind is ...
- Walked Native American Pride They always came to us with a ...
- Which One One more day one more night Is all I need to get ...
- My Sister's There is six of us We all have a lot to ...
My name is Sylvia Dise I grew up in a small town where everyone knows everyone. I am Native American, Cherokee and Shawnee. I love animals and being with my family. I enjoy life to the fullest can't have it any other way.
I have a wonderful boyfriend whom I love dearly, he means the world to me. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I hugged my father for the first time in 18 years.
All I wanted to do was shed tears.
My emotions for my father run wild,
Wished he was there when I was a child.
He had one bad day
So they said he couldn't stay.
He drank a lot of alcohol that set him in a fit,
All he wanted to do was hit.
He used to smoke crack,
They said he was whack.
He didn't know how to act,
So he said he'll be back.
He was very mean,
but now he's clean.
He can't read or write,
But to me he's still out of sight.