the hungrypoet.co.uk Poems
- Sticky Mouse Sticky Mouse Your bags were packed when you got...
- Ode To The Contraceptive Pill You hide in regulated rows ...
- Beautiful Music You play me with your clumsy hands, I ...
- Malignant Mother-In-Law You smile and say “My dear you’re ...
- Dant Y Llew* Alone In the middle of the verdant ...
I am The Hungry Poet! My name is Claire Jones and I am a British writer with a love of real-life poetry that isn't afraid to explore difficult issues. For more, please visit my blog at www.thehungrypoet.co.uk
Happy reading! more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about the hungrypoet.co.uk
Your bags were packed when you got home,
and not metaphorically
either. I made up my mind without you
because otherwise I’d get lost
in your labyrinth excuses,
finding myself leaning against
false walls and falling into traps.
I left your things outside the door,
discretely because I’m not the
kind of wife who’d chop your suits
to bits and strew them on the lawn
in a fit of pique. I’ll give up
quietly, bailing out. This marriage
is holding water; going down.
I included everything I
knew you’d need because there’s no ...