Theodor Seuss Geisel
Theodor Seuss Geisel Poems
- Oh, The Places You'Ll Go Congratulations! Today is your ...
- One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blu... Oh me! Oh my! Oh me! Oh...
- West Beast East Beast Upon an island hard to reach, the East...
- The Cat in the Hat Then our mother came in And she said to ...
- The Lorax am the Lorax. I speak for the trees. I speak for...
- Look at Me! Look at me! Look at me! Look at me NOW! It is ...
- Too Many Daves Did I ever tell you that Mrs. McCave Had ...
Theodor Seuss Geisel (Listeni/ˈɡaɪzəl/; March 2, 1904 – September 24, 1991) was an American writer and cartoonist. He was most widely known for his children's books, which he wrote and illustrated under the pseudonym Dr. Seuss (/suːs/). He had used the pen name Dr. Theophrastus Seuss in college and later used Theo LeSieg and Rosetta Stone.
Geisel published 46 children's books, often characterized by imaginative characters, rhyme, and frequent use of anapestic meter. His most-celebrated books include the bestselling Green Eggs and Ham, The Cat in the Hat, The Lorax, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins, Fox in Socks, The King's Stilts, Hop on Pop, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
Oh, The Places You'Ll Go
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!
You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself
any direction you choose.
You're on your own. And you know what you know.
And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go.
You'll look up and down streets. Look 'em over with care.
About some you will say, 'I don't choose to go there.'
With your head full of brains and your shoes full of feet,
you're too smart to go down any not-so-good street.
And you may not find any