Thomas Rickarby Poems
- God Exacts Revenge After Adam had choked on the apple eve had...
- Hughes The swarm of crows that pecked at his eyes, his heart ...
- The Aliens The clouds unfold across the day, blocking out ...
- Clearing At first I tried to sweep aside the forest of my ...
- Scene From A War Film A girl is softly laughing at the end of...
- Tide (Old Flame)
- American Wilds Her neck had the smell of an opium flower, ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Thomas Rickarby
God Exacts Revenge
After Adam had choked on the apple eve had gifted him
and was torn into the nightmares God had blessed him with,
God struck the sky like a drum.
The sound rumbled through the garden as thunder.
Then he plucked the moon from its resting place
with his left hand and rolled the light out of it
between his forefinger and thumb
so that it was reduced to a black grain of sand.
Then he nailed it to the knot
of Adams heart with a bolt of time,
where it nestled and began to tick
to the rhythm of Adams body.
Hungry with gravity