Tina Chang Poems
- The Future Is An Animal In every kind of dream I am a black ...
- The Idea Of Revelation It wasn't holy so let us not praise ...
- Love I am haunted by how much our mothers do not know. How a...
- Origin & Ash Powder rises from a compact, platters full of ...
- Invention On an island, an open road where an animal has ...
- Empress Dowager Boogies Last night I found my face below the...
- Fury My son rubs his skin and names it brown, his expression...
Tina Chang is an American poet, teacher, and editor. In 2010, she was named Poet Laureate of Brooklyn.
Chang was born in 1969 in Oklahoma, to Chinese immigrants, who had met in Montreal, where her mother was working as a nurse and her father was earning his doctorate in physics. The family moved to New York when she was a year old. She was also raised in New York City. During her young age, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Tina Chang
The Future Is An Animal
In every kind of dream I am a black wolf
careening through a web. I am the spider
who eats the wolf and inhabits the wolf's body.
In another dream I marry the wolf and then
am very lonely. I seek my name and they name me
Lucky Dragon. I would love to tell you that all
of this has a certain ending but the most frightening
stories are the ones with no ending at all.
The path goes on and on. The road keeps forking,
splitting like an endless atom, splitting
like a lip, and the globe is on fire. As many
times as the book is read, the pages continue