Tony M Walton
Tony M Walton Poems
- The Girl In A Yellow Dress -new- I saw you yesterday in a yellow ...
- Happiness -new- Oh, my friend you have got to create it invent...
- On Thursday Morning 3: 55 Am There lies One whose Name is ...
- Not Thinking Too Much -new- I walked my dog this morning and as we...
- 11 Months In London As I turn left off Oxford Street cloaked...
- Sedatives At 4: 01 Am -new- She scrolls through the faces ...
- A Message From The Animals Aft... -new-
Tony Walton's work is noted for its stylistic and technical achievements. It's engagement and tackling of moral and social issues and its variety of form, tone and content. The central themes of his poetry are love, morals, the relationship between unique human beings and the anonymous, impersonal world of nature. Tony Walton lives in the Cayman Islands and has been published in various ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Tony M Walton
The Girl In A Yellow Dress
I saw you yesterday in a yellow summer dress,
the color of high dosage diazepam, through the
rain streaked window of a familiar bar, as I walked by,
somewhere in the city,
and I could swear you saw me, then turned away -
like that moment when a bird decides
not to eat from your hand. I had not seen you since
graduation, but I thought you should know this:
I hit harder in schoolyard fights when
you were watching (and you did watch!) .
I tackled harder in rugby matches when you
I ran faster in races when you