Victor Daley Poems
- A Vision Of Youth A horseman on a hilltop green Drew rein, ...
- A Sunset Fantasy Spellbound by a sweet fantasy At evenglow I...
- Anacreon We bought a volume of Anacreon, Defaced, ...
- A-Roving When the sap runs up the tree. And the vine runs ...
- A Vision Splendid Half waking and half dreaming, While ...
- A Ghost Ghosts walk the Earth, that rise not from the ...
- A Christmas Eve Good fellows are laughing and ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Victor Daley
A Vision Of Youth
A horseman on a hilltop green
Drew rein, and wound his horn;
So bright he looked he might have been
The Herald of the Morn.
His steed was of the sovran strain
In Fancy's meadows bred,
And pride was in his tossing mane,
And triumph in his tread.
The rider's eyes like jewels glowed,
The World was in his hand,
As down the woodland way he rode
When Spring was in the land.
From golden hour to golden hour
For him the woodland sang.
And from the heart of every flower
A singing fairy sprang.
He rode along with rein so free,
And, as he ...