William Mark Poems
- The Hill Of Dreams (Epilogue) And once, amid the drear, dark ...
- Slough Revisited 'Come friendly bombs, and fall on Slough! ...
- Eclipse (With Apologies To Pin... And all that we love, ...
- Us And Them (With Apologies To...
- My Mind Is A Wasteland Of Rand...
- Fireworks FIREWORKS
- The Hill Of Dreams (Prologue) The Hill of Dreams Prologue
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about William Mark
The Hill Of Dreams (Epilogue)
And once, amid the drear, dark wasteland of the night,
I met you on the Hill of Dreams; towards the hour
When long, mysterious shadows, and the folding flower
Call home the day, and bring the evening star to sight.
And there, alone, we saw a sky that burned
With the dragon's-blood of sunset, with a beauty unsurpassed
That seared the sight, until it fell to ash at last.
And then, in the first faint radiance of the moon, I turned
To hold and kiss you, and to swear my love once more,
And look out upon the sleeping city far below.
To sense infinity around ...