William Mpina Poems
- Life Inside Africa Hiking one lazy afternoon in August An ...
- Gone So, are you gone? Have often thought about you Spent ...
- Grandpa Is Gone Sisi Grandpa is gone It’s not about how ...
- The Unholy Visit I came to see you I came to see my in-law, ...
- Hour Of Reproach As geckos fail to lustily peep As ...
- What A Painful Parting What a painful parting After hours ...
I am a final year student at Chancellor College, the University Of Malawi. My works appear in atleast five anthologies published in Malawi and on line magazines such as expound magazine and author_me.com more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about William Mpina
Hour Of Reproach
As geckos fail to lustily peep
As chameleons ignore to pompously walk
As vultures proudly fly towards million carcasses
I wake up
To the sight of you
Sauntering, slithering and startling
Oh! Your foot, your arm...
Who am i?
To the meeting with you
Strained, beaten and confused
Ah, my eye, my nose...
My gods! In this hour of reproach
Let great earthquakes wriggle
With lightening and showers to wash
the land clean
With volcanoes and whirlwinds to stir
the land ...