Z.M. Wise Poems
- Through Her Warrior Eyes She sees victory. She sees evil ...
- Iceraline Cerulean eyes sparkle and glisten on this night ...
- Garbage Offspring After the work day has gone, the stars ...
- Glass Heirloom Obtained a wolf of glass. Mint condition, ...
- Naropa Envy If only for a moment, the opal moon could dim ...
- Botticelli's Ecstatic Tears These are nights that bring us ...
- Beautiful Just Desserts You are beautiful, aren't you just?...
Z.M. Wise is a Chicago-based poet, co-editor and poetry activist, writing since his first steps as a child. He has been a written-word poet for almost two decades and a spoken-word poet for four years. He was selected to be a performer in the Word Around Town Tour in 2013, a Houston citywide tour. He is co-owner and co-editor of Transcendent Zero Press, an independent publishing house for poetry ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Everything and everyone on this planet has one singular commonality: mixed reviews.''...the truth?
''My motto in life consists of two very simple, yet powerful words: POETRY LIVES! ! !''My motto
Comments about Z.M. Wise
Through Her Warrior Eyes
She sees victory.
She sees evil being vanquished.
Through her warrior eyes,
all that seems improbable
will be accomplished within a
matter of seconds.
As the faithless blindly walk on the
desolate scribbled path of indecisiveness,
she gift wraps the power to believe,
hands it to them, then rides on,
leaving behind a trail of inspiration.
Those who do not doubt will see its glow.
Its glow stretches far beyond any rainbow,
penetrating the nearest body of water.
She converses at times with the
Lady of the Lake, but she
does not need ...