Z.M. Wise Poems
- Carpe Diem! Oh, seize this day, lads and loves! Take it by ...
- Through Her Warrior Eyes She sees victory. She sees evil ...
- Iceraline Cerulean eyes sparkle and glisten on this night ...
- Garbage Offspring After the work day has gone, the stars ...
- Glass Heirloom Obtained a wolf of glass. Mint condition, ...
- Naropa Envy If only for a moment, the opal moon could dim ...
- Botticelli's Ecstatic Tears These are nights that bring us ...
Z.M. Wise is a Chicago-based poet, co-editor and poetry activist, writing since his first steps as a child. He has been a written-word poet for almost two decades and a spoken-word poet for four years. He was selected to be a performer in the Word Around Town Tour in 2013, a Houston citywide tour. He is co-owner and co-editor of Transcendent Zero Press, an independent publishing house for poetry ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''Everything and everyone on this planet has one singular commonality: mixed reviews.''...the truth?
''My motto in life consists of two very simple, yet powerful words: POETRY LIVES! ! !''My motto
Comments about Z.M. Wise
Oh, seize this day, lads and loves!
Take it by the
scruff of the neck and yank
until your spirit lights a fire
that cannot be put out.
burn the heart that
is determined and ready.
Shout, my earthbound friends,
to the rooftops of encouragement! (YES!)
Eager ladies and gentlemen
dash out of prison work…
and into the freedom weekend.
Seize the day and
waste the infidel night!
Raise your voice!
Get your point across!
We have a choice!
Life beats loss!
Seize the final day!