Johann Joseph Clahsen
Johann Joseph Clahsen Poems
- Christmas Midnight - Christ - ...
- In The Atlantic A Glass-Palace...
- Licht-Stern - Nach John Keats:...
- Alte Heimat Eichendorff eingedenk - Mit Poesie das ...
- Ich Sah Dein Auge Weinen - Nac...
- Hymne O, ihr Stürme, Elemente! Faust gleich, will ich mich ...
- Liebes-Gedankenspiel - Nach Sh...
Johann Joseph Clahsen was born in Westphalia Sauerland on the border of Hesse. Growing up in a small farm, he visited after the village primary school and the Progymnasium the neighboring town of Medebach the Gymnasium old country school at 15 km away north Korbach. There he laid in 1973 graduated from high school, after which he studies in German and history began in 1974 at the College of ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Johann Joseph Clahsen
Christmas Midnight - Christ - Mitternacht
The market quitted, outside lay the night,
At winter wood a snowy dreamlike land;
In airwaves snow white agonized and night.
The streets are latent, like a white wide band,
At sky a splendour striate sallow night.
Towards church's portal market left and stand,
The tower's heavy tolls swing winter-bright
Like trumpets' reverberation over land.
At home sink sleep on trash from clock and hand.
In fir trees' light snow flakes into the night.
Christ - Mitternacht
Der Markt beleuchtet, draußen lag die Nacht,