Am I Handicap?
I am on a wheel chair
deaf and dumb too.
Disabled in all sense
But I appreciate God
He gave me beautiful eyesight
With good insight..
My brain works wonders..
I could imagine
Beyond my imagination
Just lying on a wheel chair.
With a small garden
I convert them into
my whole Universe.
While writing poem
I convert my fountain
Into a beautiful waterfalls
Swimming pool into a river or seas.
Tides are my tears which
Keeps on hitting me on my inability.
Small plants into big trees.
Few flowers into garden of flowers
While writing poems I imagine
Myself so tiny like an ant walking in this garden.
To make this garden into forest.
I am happy while writing poems
As I can do all those
Which I cannot do in real life.
My heart sings, heart beats play drums.
I can run, dance, sing and love too...
In reality people pity me.
In fact I need love and appreciation
For all my ability.
A praise on my ability can do wonders for me.
I like to
Explore the unknown path
Leading to the poetic world
Relishing each and every moment
Though unrealistic for me but
Imagination make me realistic
I can do what I want...
While reading my poem
Do you feel
Am I Handicap?
I am Sorry...
I never want to hurt any one
Only telling no one is perfect......
Physical disability can be seen
What about those not seen......
A small token of Appreciation especially on their abilities and kind words will work wonders for them!
Words are as Precious as Pearls,
As it can lift one to Heaven or Hell.
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Am I Handicap? by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Harness Racing (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- Twinkle twinkle little star - 4, ramesh rai
- Light vs Smoke, Adele Bercich
- Just the beginning of that pretty Fall ف.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Fulani and His Cattle, Nkwachukwu Ogbuagu
- LOVE, DRASHI SHAH
- LITTLE DREAM, DRASHI SHAH
- Together Alone, S. I. Rednow
- HOLDING HANDS.., DRASHI SHAH
- Love Can Do It, Akhtar Jawad
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(3rd April 19sixty)
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)