Brewed wine, ingredient from the society
I drank and broken the rest of my graveyard
Alive I am, restlessness: a joy giver, a bard
Caring whole worlds: the grief and anxiety.
My thought, still you are in burning bricks
I don't dare to put you out, in a solid phase
What stops me! fear, fright or life; what?
Wine up to brim, through tongue it drips,
Willing not to die but to take heat from the all
Strengthen me! As I promised peace for all
I will go high to see, all, from the above star
In thy sweet dream, I will sneak being so far.
O death how much clothes do you have to cover?
O fear from where thou come and over us hover?
O My lost vision! Can't you capture, can't you see
O life! ye the victim of time! O guest! I love thee.
All intoxicated with the race: caste creed and religion
Come to me, I will offer you drink of my relation
Untie the tongue knotted with intestine and ask?
Their reply, ' give me water and food ‘and nothing- ask?
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ask by Aftab Alam )
Did you read them?
- The Now., RAJ VIKRAM
- The Mirror, RAJ VIKRAM
- A reverie, RAJ VIKRAM
- Like Arrows In Quivers, Saiom Shriver
- The Monster, crystal ruth
- A.Blok, You are - the wild call.. - tran.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, As day so light... - translation.., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, The Petersburg twilights..- tran.., Lyudmila Purgina
- quotation # 4, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Thanks For What?, Liliana EL.
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)