Somewhere in Australia,
Is a princess born, she writes from the dawn of human morn.
If I were blessed with a daughter, she would be her age
Living in a rage, flowing in freedom, as a woman finding her gaze.
Let the Yara burst its banks, flow from her the thoughts of fresh maize,
Corn, coal, all the hidden golds bursting out Australia's jewel.
Why Australia? Why not India? Why not the States?
Young people are born to roam and invade forgotten space.
Open your mind, push your soul, escape velocity is your goal.
Tell the world Australia is you, just not a hopping Kangaroo.
May god bless you, may he bless your pen,
May you write till the eternal ends.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Australia by Hardik Vaidya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Rain, Devin Lasker
- Lyrics Lifted Aloft, Saiom Shriver
- Who Are They?, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Broken Marriage, Donal Mahoney
- New York City, Dawson Walter Smith
- I will turn my eyes from you, Nero CaroZiv
- In Concert Tonight, Donal Mahoney
- January 1st,2015, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- In My Dreams, Kyle Schlicher
- One Needs The Other, Kyle Schlicher