Foolish The Heart.
Beware of pale moonlight, it takes no note.
White rays lull common-sense to deepest sleep.
Its ever constant magic is potent,
Changing lines of love to lust repeatedly.
Both give strong and similar sensation,
So the mind forgets to ask why and what
Is the truth of moonlight fascination.
Choice is lost when lips meet and blood runs hot.
Heart can foolishly lose control, and then
Disclaim the moon has mislead yet again.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Foolish The Heart. by Fay Slimm )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Missing An Award Ceremony, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Weeping Under The Rain, Tony Adah
- EVEN More Cosmic Than That~~~, Monk E. Biz
- No Place Nation, Xavier Cole
- Dream Another Dream, Xavier Cole
- CITY OF LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Polyamory, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- HEARTBREAK 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Multiple children, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- If I Had a Voice, Lee Gelis