My dear umbrella where are you...
I searched for you in shops and malls.
This hot and humid Season just waits for you.
Frequent pedestrian like us
Would like to hold you to heart,
As you protect us from ultra violet rays.
My dear manufacturer
Why did you prevent the flow of colourful umbrellas into malls and shops.
Today malls are covered with summer outfits.
Please do consider manufacturing
colourful umbrella to suit our outfits too.
We are the frequent travellers on
Roads especially under the bright hot sun.
Umbrellas are the occasional visitors only on rainy season
This is the season we require you the most.
Save it for rainy day
Though the saying applies here.....
But saving it for hot summer days
Can also be one of quotes for the bright summer days.
A frequent road traveller is waiting for you
Please do come!
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Occasional Visitor! by Geetha Jayakumar )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Fortunate, Kela LewisMorin
- Intangible Tangent, Kela LewisMorin
- A Night On The Tiles, Kela LewisMorin
- Home Alone, Kela LewisMorin
- nobody ever finds the one, Frank Avon
- when you get someone, Bull Hawking
- Ode to the Cereal Bowl: after Bukowski's.., Frank Avon
- Reflected Inspection, Kela LewisMorin
- Clean Plates, Frank Avon
- One Of Many, Kela LewisMorin