Trickles over my feet, looked down,
Those were my tears, not the rain.
Psyche that wandered in vibrant reverie
Now baffles with the conflicts of a dying [soul] core.
Once a mirror, now those eyes,
Buddies dub it an opaque lens.
Behind the cheerful smirk,
They perceive the painful prick.
Cheeks still wet with tears,
In remembrance of those ember years.
Those thoughts throw me ablaze,
As if a paper to the candle's clear flame.
Inane [silly] joke, little did you realise
Thy words shattered someone's dreams.
When the knife splashed blood,
Couldn't realise it was me whom I hurt.
Lust did change glow go gloom,
Ignored the pain to forget the same.
Still I cry in your remembrance
For you were my greatest mistake.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (REMEMBERANCE by Anamika Jayakumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Ghost, Jhonas Lumanlan
- Eagerly I want to go with you, Gert Strydom
- Prayer and Women, Abdullah alHemaidy
- Love is far more than just lust or desir.., Gert Strydom
- Lie To Me, Rouren Torres
- The Fight, Robert Melliard
- Paying Taxes, Randy McClave
- हांमा गोनां जिव, Bahadur Basumatary
- I Knew What You Knew, Vera Sidhwa
- Wearing the Flaws, Gerry Legister