The day when the end will come
I'll depart this earth at once,
Leaving behind all earthly things -
I'll cross seven rivers and seven seas,
Thereafter, crossing the seven skies -
I'll move further to an eternal height.
Far and far away from this material world-
I'll be in a silent and solitary place,
A place of wisdom with no cheer or no pain -
Free from any material gain.
Being alone in that holy place-
Once I'll be awaken again
I'll be able to know then
And reveal the soul of mine.
Earlier, several times in so many ways -
I tried to see me and know myself.
But till today until now -
All my efforts were in vain.
But there on that very day,
Surely I'll know myself
What I'm thriving so long so far -
Will be known to me right on that day.
No more I'll remain in the dark -
By knowing my radiant inner being.
I'll be awaken and be content -
In revealing the graceful soul of mine.
Amitava Sur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Revelation by Amitava Sur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- To my coy grand mum, Emmanuel chibuike
- Miss Flynn Walking The Halls, John Surowiecki
- Chopin Mazuraka In A Minor, John Surowiecki
- Mrs. SZMYKLESZCZWLADECZERYNIECKI'S Last .., John Surowiecki
- Movie Stars Thank My Mother For Her Patr.., John Surowiecki
- INSPIRATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The Wisest Aunt, Telling the Saddest Tales, John Surowiecki
- Matin No. 2, John Surowiecki
- The Pristine Chapel, Dog goD 8Hate
- The Mower at the VA Hospital, John Surowiecki