The Merciful Hand of America
Sad are the hearts which watched in calm
when the surrendered and the bravely stood tigers,
the civilian Tamils of Eelam of SriLanka
were maimed, butchered and raped
by a lawless army, with the cannons
of some cannibalistic Asian nations.
Silent are the tears that fall
from the blind eyes of the UNO,
which had been in deep slumber for a year,
when the Tamils were treated inhumanly in fenced camps.
It is now waking up to browse the dusty CDs back.
Remorseful is the mind of British,
a sinner who gave the uncut fruit of freedom,
to the majority, Buddhist Sinhalese to rule,
but in the case of India, the land was rent into two.
Shocked is the cosmopolitan brain of America,
whose hand crushed terror and cremated the dictators,
for democracies to bloom, but remained dumb to surprise all,
when the wombs which gave birth to tigers were bombed
and the hands -tied naked rebels were shot and killed
and the war-field was scattered with molested corpses.
Grief-stricken are the Great, great grand dads and mums
of Tamil Nadu, who were unable to stop the supply of Indian arms.
The Indian government took revenge upon the entire Tamils,
for the alleged killing of her leader by the tigers.
Mournful are the souls of the beloved parents and uncles,
In Canada, Malasyia, Aussie and African lands.
Solemn are the faces of Pakistan and China
for their weapons used for the ethnic cleansing.
They would reap what they sowed in history.
The occupiers of the lands of other nations
don't feel the pulse of the freedom fighters.
The funeral mass for the late Tamils will be held
in the cosmological chapel in Lemuria
and the ashes will be committed to the Indian ocean.
Your battle for freedom is over; we're missing you greatly.
Your thirst for liberty still remains in our hearts.
Rest in peace in the ocean where our forefathers were deluged.
We fondly remember and adore your courage.
The merciful hand of America will render justice.
Till then your memories will not leave us to sleep.
rajendran muthiah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Merciful Hand of America by rajendran muthiah )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(3rd April 19sixty)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- An Indian English Ph.D. Thesis On Modern.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- the half truth, Dr Puneet Aggarwal
- Argumentative ones, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Love children, gajanan mishra
- 25 December 2014, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Wipe out terrorism, gajanan mishra
- The hilarious children., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Let us discuss poems, gajanan mishra
- Eyes Tell a Story, Rohit Sapra
- Jadavpur And The Adda of Love, Bijay Kant Dubey