Waiting at the Airport.
Waiting for my flight.
In a well lit glass cage.
Perhaps the glass is plastic.
Plastic is everywhere.
On faces, shiny legs, up short skirts.
The beer makes it bearable.
Rather they make the beer tolerable.
Specially it's price.
300 bucks for 300 ml.
It's costlier than gold.
Wheatish brown, white, jet black and in betweens.
Going some where.
Some in pairs, permutations galore.
Some in love, some in hate, some solitary.
Some busy, really, some pretending.
Some contemplating money, some love, some sex, some super sex.
To complain is a fad, it's important to complain.
If you don't you are completely plain.
Some speak English, some broken English, some hinglish
Some bitchlish, but all are ticklish,
What's the hot gal doing?
Who is she looking?
Whom is she talking to?
Whom is she going to sleep with tonight!
Who is that guy, let me kill him.
Is that what life is all about.
And killing for a moment of flash,
That never was yours?
That crossed its waxed spice and lured its hidden jewel,
And your parrot the green one with a red throat
A slave of habit
Muttered out of ages of folk lore told ad nauseum
Sita ram Sita ram Sita ram
And started to flutter
Made a stutter
You felt good
And the birdie it went back to brood.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Waiting at the Airport. by Hardik Vaidya )
- Autumn Season, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- mommy, Josephine Taylor
- Friendly Union, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Your Guardian Angel, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Green Iris, Foster Teegarden
- open the jar, you'll see i'm laughing, Mandolyn ...
- My Affair, Mark Webster
- The Indefinable, Sandra Feldman
- Nothing But A Sweet Sensation, Ronell Warren Alman
- Night Walkers, Olufayo Ezekiel
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)